Saturday 28 January 2012

Couture Fashion Week.

As of Wednesday Couture Fashion Week finished with Valentino closing. Couture Fashion Week allows designers to showcase the highest of the houses abilities and techniques. Couture to me is all about the elegance, and attention to detail which designers never fail to miss. There were 3 fashion houses that impressed me, that being Valentino, Giambattista Valli and the fantastic Elie Saab. 
Valentino
Valentino gave us a very romantic but Spring-like collection, showcasing some incredibly intricate embroidery and soothing prints. Although this is a couture collection, as a whole it is all very wearable and I could see many celebrities wearing pieces on the red carpet!



Giambattista Valli
As a newcomer to the couture world I was taken away with his collection. I loved the contrast between the cream and black that Valli concentrated on at the start. His progression into other richer reds and purples were executed perfectly with some very structured looks and another contrast with some very floaty looks.



Eli Saab
When I first saw this collection I just knew it was my favourite. The first thing that caught my eyes was the icy colour scheme. He used whites, blues, yellows corals and pinks. These colours were transformed into cool colours, reminding me of a frosty winter morning. Of course his detailing was impeccable, leaving me astonished.




What was your favourite couture collection? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment