Wednesday 28 December 2011

Book Review: Lady Gaga X Terry Richardson + Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty.

I've been wanting to do a post on both of these books every since I first bought them, all the way back in October and November but, as you know, I didn’t have a good enough quality camera to do so, but here we are!

Lady Gaga X Terry Richardson




 I bought this book back in November shortly after its release date. When I heard the news about the book I just knew I had to get it. It’s any fans dream: delving into the inside world of Gaga. Terry does something truly amazing with a photo and I really can’t put my finger on it. He gives a true feeling of honesty, like you truly know and understand the model he is taking the photo of and this is portrayed purely in this book. Each and every photo has a feeling of a story behind it, a story that shared with everyone. But the best is yet to come as Lady Gaga has speculated there may be many books in the near future. I can't wait!





Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty 



Again, I bought the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty book way back in the middle of October. I was skeptical about buying it at first, mainly due to its high price of £30 but I researched further and saw a bargain on Amazon of only £20, so I just had to get it! I mean, this was the closest I was going to get to the Savage Beauty exhibition in New York after all! When I received it I was thrilled and couldn't wait to read it. Although mainly filled with glorious pictures and intriguing quotes from the man himself, there was a biographical introduction taking you through 6 areas of the Romantic movement which was so crucial in McQueens' inspiration. These 6 areas create up the main structure of the book. It truly is a wonderful book showcasing the most outlandish and memorable pieces of McQueen’s work. If anyone has the chance to get it then they really should!






Who else has bought either of the book? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment