Saturday 11 February 2012

Prabal Gurung - Ready To Wear Autumn/Winter 2012.


Since the last fashion week at New York I have been keeping my eye fully on Prabal Gurung. His Spring/Summer 2012 collection was something totally different and completely caught my eye, so he was obviously someone I was looking forward to see this time at NYFW.



I loved the full progression of textures throughout this collection, also his mastering of curvy cuts and placing them into structured looks was total genius! The curves didn't just end at the cuts, the flow was carried through to his prints. His prints were in a world of their own: the shocking and ice blue colours were kept beautifully with a white base. From the blue prints he contrasted these with another print that reminded me of liquid gold which accentuated the luxurious feel of the whole collection.


Just as I side note, I know that last season I waited until the end of each fashion week and gave an over review but I decided to do something different for this season and do miniature posts about collections that catch my eye as each week progresses

No comments:

Post a Comment