Monday 5 March 2012

Milan Fashion Week - A/W ‘12

This post has been well and truly overdue considering MFW finished nearly a week ago. I was going to completely scrap the whole post and not do anything for Milan as its my least favourite fashion week and does absolutely nothing for me, however, there were a certain few things from a couple of collections that I did like. 
The vibrant patterns from Prada really intrigued me as they reminded me of wallpaper from the 60’s with the geometric patterns and the oranges and muddy browns. Although I didn’t like the collection as a whole there were definitely a few pieces that I did like, that being this chic handbag. The sunglasses were also a must have - obsessed!
Prada
One designer I do look forward to during MFW is Jill Sander. I love their simple aesthetic, which is oddly something that I usually don’t go for. As this was Raf Simons’ last collection at Jil Sander he made a very demure exit with soft pastels paired with vibrant reds and deep blues. Something that I was interested in was the bouquet of flowers encased in glass boxes, it summarised the whole collection: natural colours with clinical cuts. It also reminded me of the film ‘Beauty and The Beast’ when the rose is caged in the bell jar.
Jil Sander

Last seasons collection at Moschino was amazing and although this collection was kind of similar it didn’t stop me from totally falling in love with it. It was the ‘Spanish bull fighter’ meets the ‘American cowboy’ look. The leather pieces running throughout also gave the collection a rock gleam. This was probably the only collection from MFW that I liked entirely.
Moschino
Paris Fashion Week is totally underway and a post will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment