Monday 27 February 2012

Oscars 2012.

I’d say sorry for not posting but I’m not. I’ve had so much work from school this past week that I’ve had next to no time to look at any shows from Milan Fashion Week. It also doesn’t help that it’s hardly my favourite fashion week…
Anyways, once I saw pictures from the Oscars last night I knew I had to make a post. At first I thought about doing a whole selection of ‘best dressed’ but there was no competition. Both Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow stole the show, outdoing the rest of the film industry.
Although she wasn’t nominated, all attention was firmly on Angelina as she sported a black strapless Versace gown with a thigh-high split. Although this would immediately putting me off the dress, Jolie really works that, something that Rihanna has been trying to do at award shows lately but failing dramatically…(shaaaaaade). 
A complete contrast to that of Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow went for a white Tom Ford dress and matching cape. I think the cape is what does it for me, the slimline silhouette gives a real class and sophisticated look. The overall simplicity and purity of this gown gave her an angelic glow on the red carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment