Sunday 19 February 2012

House Of Holland - Ready To Wear Autumn/Winter 2012

So London Fashion Week kicked of on Friday and i have to say that LFW is more of my cup of tea (that and Paris ) than What New York gives us. As I enjoy the round up of the last two days at London Fashion Week within the comfort of my own home - wishing I was down there in London (maybe one day) - I of course went straight to look at the House Of Holland’s new collection, a definite favourite of mines.
The first thing that completely caught my eye was the very simplicity of the colours used. All very primary colours, based on reds and blues and not straying far from these. What I love about House Of Holland is that it is incredibly playful but so wearable, which I think I highly important. The cuts are so rock chick but also elegant and highly flattering, enhances the persons style and persona greatly. Something that I also loved was the rework of the the houndstooth motif, creating such funky and contemporary pieces. 


As you can probably tell, Henry Holland can do no wrong in my books and I’m completely taken away with collection! I can honestly say that I cannot fault one piece of this collection and that it completely overshadows anything from New York Fashion Week. Feeling truly proud of British creativity right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment