Monday 2 July 2012

Christian Dior Couture F/W 2012

Hello all, I'm back! So I've been absent from the blogging world for the most of 2012 but I'm ready to get back into it and I thought what better way to get into things than a quick fashion post.

Today was - as many of you fashion followers will already know - the unveiling of Raf Simons first collection for Christian Dior. There has been a mega buzz about this collection due to the long awaited announcement of the new creative director that would proceed John Galliano. 

It looked promising from the start with a beautiful runway - the rooms adorned with flowers from floor to ceiling in an array of vibrant colours. But once the looks started coming through I just knew I didn't like it. Of course there were a few pieces that I loved but as a collection I felt as though it felt flat. What irked me the most was the lack of flow through out the whole collection; it just doesn't seem like a collection. There was such a mixture of looks there and I felt like there was no clear direction with what he was doing. 

Although he didn't real impress me with this couture collection I'll save my judgement until after a few collection when hopefully he'll get into the swing of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment