Friday 20 July 2012

Favourite Campaigns of Fall/Winter 2012


Another season and another series of exciting advertising campaigns. I absolutely love flicking through my fashion mags and seeing all the latest collections captured beautifully for everyone to see. As my last post of Spring/Summer favourites was so popular I thought I'd do the same with the Fall collections.

Louis Vuitton 
So as I was going through the new edition of Vogue UK the first campaign I came across was the Louis Vuitton collection. Although I wasn't all that keen on the collection at first I have come to really like this collection. I love that the atmosphere from the images can strike different feelings from the show and make me see the collection and pieces differently. The campaign gives me a hint to the 70's but also a  throwback to Victorian times, probably due to the old steam train set. It's deffo one of my faves this season!

Louis Vuitton photographed by Steven Meisel.

Louis Vuitton photographed by Steven Meisel.



Prada
Another campaign that caught my eye when going through Vogue was Prada. It was the deep purples and oranges that done it for me, again calling me back to 70's with the patterns reminding of wallpaper that you'd find back then. I also loved the link between the straight lines of the collection and the flooring, giving the whole collection a geometric and futuristic feel.

Prada photographed by Steven Meisel

Prada photographed by Steven Meisel




Alexander McQueen
The last campaign I'm in love with this season is the Alexander McQueen shoot. I love the soft background in each photo, allowing each piece to take centre and to be the focus. I also like the contrast of the geometric shapes of the background to the soft shapes and textures of the clothing.

Alexander McQueen photographed by David Sims

Alexander McQueen photographed by David Sims

Alexander McQueen photographed by David Sims


Leave a comment telling me your favourite campaign this season!


No comments:

Post a Comment